Become an Instructor with Bonanza Educational!
Do you love working with kids? Is LEGO® “The Best Ever”? Do you like to create? Do you like to take things apart to see how they work? Make things move? Would you love to empower kids to do the same? Do you feel, like us, that the key to a child’s future is in their ability to be creative and think outside the box. Do you agree that education is not just about taking tests? Do you have experience teaching, working at a camp or preschool, babysitting, or working for another after school program? Then…
We want you, and you probably want us too!
Bonanza Educational is one of Arizona’s largest enrichment and recreation education companies. We teach art, creativity, and technology classes to kids all over the Phoenix area, with most using LEGO brand toys. We’re looking for teachers who want to teach after school and show kids from K to 8th grade how to be artists, engineers, programmers, communicators, and creative problem solvers.
We’re hiring smart, creative people who enjoy working with kids to help us all over the valley. Part-Time Positions Start this month for after-school classes, but teachers who join us now will also be offered full-time seasonal summer positions.
This work is LEGO® play, but its serious play! You’ll need to be able lift up to 25lbs of materials, like LEGO bricks or other classroom supplies, in and out of your car and sometimes up stairs. You’ll need to be able to think on your toes and improvise. You’ll need to be ready to help solve classroom conflicts. You have to be reliable, as these kiddo’s depend on you being there for class. Most of all, you’ll need to be ready to have fun every day you show up to work!
- You are reliable. We can trust you to show up on time and be there for the kiddos.
- You have a current Arizona IPV Fingerprint clearance card (to start immediately)
- You have afternoon availability during the school year (generally 2pm to 5pm daily, except as early as 1pm on Wednesdays)
- You have experience with kids, or you’re studying to be a teacher at school.
- You are 18 years or older and able to pass a background check.
- You have a reliable vehicle to transport yourself and class supplies to work sites all around the city.
- You are comfortable around technology, as we use various apps for everything from communicating your schedule to you, to managing payroll.
- You have a safe, secure place to store teaching materials when not working.
- Part time: This is a part-time job ONLY, except short-term summer work can be up to full time in June and July. We are not hiring for summer at this time.
- Minimal daily commitment: Each day’s shift is 2.5 hours, but only 1.25 hours is on-site at a school! There is rarely opporuntity for two shifts per day, given the “after school” nature of our work.
- Great pay: $16 per hour, or $40 per shift!
- Opportunity: Some weekend and evening opportunities as well as school break opportunities are available.
- Flexible: Most afternoon classes require only 1.25 hours on site.
- Paid Travel: Half your daily “shift” is paid travel time (1.25 hours).
- Travel Reimbursement: Travel over 35 miles total is compensated extra (time and non-taxed miles reimbursement).
- Summer: Up to 32 hours a week available in the summer, but requires daytime availability (8am-4pm).
- W2 not 1099: You’re not contractor (not 1099), you’re an employee (you’re W2).
- Direct Deposit, Bi-Weekly Pay: Get paid every other week directly to your bank account.