Become an Instructor with Bonanza Educational!
Do you love working with kids? Is LEGO® “The Best Ever”? Do you like to create? Do you like to take things apart to see how they work? Make things move? Would you love to empower kids to do the same? Do you feel, like us, that the key to a child’s future is in their ability to be creative and think outside the box and education is not just about taking tests? Do you have experience teaching, working at a camp or preschool, babysitting, or working for another after school program? Then…
We want you, and you probably want us too!
Bonanza Educational is one of Arizona’s largest enrichment and recreation education companies. We teach LEGO® creativity and technology classes to kids all over the Phoenix area. We’re looking for teachers who want to teach after school and show kids from K to 8th grade how to be artists, engineers, programmers, communicators, and creative problem solvers.
We’re hiring smart, creative people who enjoy working with kids to help us all over the valley. Part Time Positions Start IMMEDIATELY for after-school classes, but teachers who join us now will also be offered full-time summer positions.
This work is LEGO® play, but its serious play! You’ll need to be able lift up to 25lbs of materials, like LEGO bricks or other classroom supplies, in and out of your car. You’ll be able to think on your toes and improvise. You’ll need to be ready to help solve classroom conflicts. You have to be reliable, these kiddo’s depend on you being there for class. Most of all, you’ll need to be ready to have fun, every day you show up to work!
It’s gonna fun, but it’ll be work, but it’ll be one of your favorite jobs of all time, and its sure to be very rewarding!
– You are reliable. We can trust you to show up on time and be there for the kiddos.
– You have a current Arizona IPV Fingerprint clearance card (to start immediately)
– You have afternoon availability during the school year (2pm to 5pm)
– You have experience with kids, or you’re studying to be a teacher at school.
– You are 18 years or older and able to pass a background check.
– You have a reliable vehicle to transport yourself and class supplies to work sites all around the city.
– You have a safe, secure place to store teaching materials.
– PART TIME: Work 2.5 hours per weekday, up to 5 Days a week
– OPPORTUNITY: Some weekend and evening opportunities also available to boost the paycheck, but only for afternoon instructors.
– FLEXIBLE: Most afternoon classes require only 1.25 hours on site, but you’re always paid for 2.5 hours.
– GREAT PAY: $16 per hour, or $14 per hour when training. (Adds up to $40 per afternoon shift.)
– SUMMER FULL-TIME: Up to 30 – 40 hours a week in the summer, with daytime availability (8am-4pm).
– PAID TRAVEL: Work 1.25 hours, get paid for 2.5 hours, aka, you’re paid for your travel time!
– REIMBURSED FOR EXCESS TRAVEL: Travel over 35 miles total is compensated extra (both in additional pay and non-taxed reimbursement)
– W2 EMPLOYEE: You’re not contractor, you’re an employee.
– DIRECT DEPOSIT, BI-WEEKLY: Get paid every other week directly to your bank account.