Teach After-School and More with Bonanza Educational!
We’re always looking for amazing individuals to join our team. Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work with kids and families in a fun, engaging way? We’d love to hear from you.
Join Our Team
Do you love working with kids? Do you think LEGO® is “The Best Ever”? Do you like to create? Do you like to take things apart to see how they work? Does making things move excite you? Would you love to empower kids to explore and learn in a unique way? Do you feel, like us, the key to a child’s future is in their ability to be creative and think outside the box? Do you agree that education is not just about taking tests? Do you have experience teaching, working at a camp or a preschool, babysitting, or working for another after school program? Then…
You have found the perfect opportunity and we want you to join our team!
Bonanza Educational is one of Arizona’s largest enrichment and recreation education companies. We teach art, creativity, and technology classes to kids all over the Phoenix area, primarily using LEGO® brand toys. We’re looking for teachers who want to teach after school and show kids from K to 8th grade how to be artists, engineers, programmers, communicators, and creative problem solvers.
We’re hiring smart, creative individuals who enjoy working with kids to help us all over the valley. Part-time positions are available for after-school classes and full-time seasonal positions may also be an option.
This work is LEGO® play, but don’t take it lightly! You’ll need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds of materials, such as LEGO® bricks and other classroom supplies, and move them in and out of your car and sometimes up stairs. You’ll need to be able to think on your toes and improvise. You’ll need to be ready to help solve classroom conflicts. You must be reliable, as these kiddos depend on you to be there for class. Most importantly, you’ll need to be ready to have fun every day you show up to work!
- You are reliable. We can trust you to show up on time and be there for the kiddos.
- You have a current Arizona IPV Fingerprint clearance card (to start immediately) or are willing to get one.
- You have afternoon availability during the school year (generally 2pm to 5pm daily, with the exception of as early as 1pm on Wednesdays).
- You have experience with kids, or you’re studying to be a teacher.
- You are 18 years or older and are able to pass a background check.
- You have a reliable vehicle to transport yourself and class supplies to work sites all around the valley.
- You are comfortable with technology,. We use various apps for everything from communicating your schedule to managing payroll.
- You have a safe, secure place to store teaching materials when not working.
- Part time: This is a part-time position. Short-term summer work can be up to full time in the months of June and July. We are not hiring for summer at this time.
- Minimal daily commitment: Each shift is 2.5 hours, but most shifts only require 1.25 hours of that to be on-site at a school! Typically, there is one shift available per day (M-F). There is rarely an opportunity for two shifts in a day, given the “after school” nature of our work.
- Great pay: $16 per hour, or $40 per shift!
- Opportunity: Some weekend and evening opportunities, as well as school break opportunities, are available.
- Flexible: Most afternoon classes require only 1.25 hours on-site.
- Paid Travel: Half your daily “shift” is paid travel time (1.25 hours).
- Travel Reimbursement: Travel over 35 miles round trip is compensated (time and non-taxable mileage reimbursement).
- Summer: Up to 32 hours a week available in the summer, but requires daytime availability (8am-4pm).
- W2 not 1099: You’re not a contractor (1099), you’re an employee (W2). This means we take out taxes for you.
- Direct Deposit, Bi-Weekly Pay: Get paid every other week directly to your bank account.